Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Suggestions for Northern Californa Quilt Retreats >

Suggestions for Northern Californa Quilt Retreats

Suggestions for Northern Californa Quilt Retreats

Old 04-15-2010, 02:03 PM

Several years ago I attended one of Alex Anderson's Retreats and loved it. Alex is just a nice as she seems on her TV show, no pushing to buy her books, fabrics, etc. Retreat is kind of expensive but, hey, you're only 60 once, LOL!

Here's the info from her website:

2010 Alex Anderson Quilt Retreat

Every fall I host a four-day retreat in my hometown Livermore, CA. It was started and created because of YOU! Yes, that's right. My friends on the Internet convinced me that we needed an annual gathering place to quilt and play together. As a result, this retreat has turned into an annual event that I look forward to all year long. Each retreat has a different theme, and we also encourage guests to bring their own projects to work on. So whether you are working on the retreat project or "doing your own thing," Paula Reid, www.battsintheattic.com, Dale Fleming, http://www.dalefleming.com, and myself will provide instruction on several approaches to curved and circle piecing. Again, the return rate of guests has been fabulous and deep friendships have been made. Please note that we now have expanded to two sessions.

First Session, October 14 through 17, 2010
Second Session, October 17 through 20, 2010

The prices are: Private Room $880, Shared Room $680, Bernina Rental $45

2010 theme - Curved Piecing.

Please vist www.aaqretreat.com for more details, including location, schedule, lesson info, and supplies list.

Contact Susan at [email protected] for registration and availability.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:01 PM

I've been going to a great retreat every year for the last 8. It's in Marin at Walker Creek Ranch the 3rd weekend in January. Cost to you is roughly $250 and you are there from 2 pm Friday to 5 pm on Sunday. Meals are included as is lodging. There are no professional teachers -- just a lot of wonderful quilters having a great time. I can give you lots more details but too much to include here. Send me a PM and I'll fill you in.