Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Suggestions Please

Blog Entries

Smile Suggestions Please

I want to make a quilt with 4 panels of horses, what would be a good pattern for this. I was thinking of something like putting a frame around the pictures, but I would like some suggestions of what I could put between the panels. Thank you in advance for all your sugggestions. I know I will get some you girls are so good, with coming up with something.

Shirley

I just finished a top with 4 panels of horses, they were the panels where you make them into pillows. I just found a block I liked that was the same size as the trimmed up horse panels. I did 5 blocks across and down. The first and last row were the regular blocks, the 2nd row with 1 horse in the middle, 3rd row 2 horses separated by a regular block, the last horse was in the center again. I will say that it looks fairly good.

I did something similar but with wild game. I found outdoor/woodsy prints for sashing and borders.

Blog Entries
    Thank you pocoellie and bakermom this sounds good I will look for a block I like. I will submit a picture when I get it done.

Also take a look at Attic Window quilts. That should work.
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

Attic Windows would look great - you could use woodsy batiks for the frames and sashings.
    A fabric stash is always missing that one fabric needed to finish the quilt on which you're working.