Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions on where to look for Asian/Oriental fabrics?

I've posted a "seeking" thread in the Classified section as well, but I wanted to see if anyone had suggestions on a good fabric site where I could shop for Asian/Oriental fabrics. It seems to be a little harder to find nice ones online that aren't a bajillion dollars. Obviously discounts are best, but I don't want to sacrifice more than I have to in the quality department. I could just walk into the LQS and take my pick for a fat price, which is a satisfying experience, but so is saving some money.

I'm specifically looking for twelve different blue Asian/Oriental fat quarters for a Jewel Box quilt I'll eventually make.

Thanks! This site is such a wonderful resource.

Try doing a google search using "Kona Bay". There are a couple of Etsy shops that have some good deals but be careful, some of the prices quoted are for panels or less than a full yard. There are a few Asian/Oriental prints at Cotton Loft and thousands of bolts but they both have 1 yard mimimums. TOB will only sell in whole yard increments, Cotton Loft has a minimum order of $10 and first yard minimum, after 1 yard I believe they will cut in half yard increments.

Asian prints usually have gold embellishments and are also popular so it is difficult to find them for much less than that $8 per yard price point. Most LQS it is in the $10 to $12 per yard price range.

There is quite a variety of Asian fabrics at eQuilter.com and seems to range in price from $7.75 to $10.75 per yard. I have purchased fabric from this site in the past (not Asian though) and was pleased with their quality. Give them a look.

Fabric.com is a great place to buy online.

Blue Bamboo has a very good selection, can be pricey but all fabric is pricey these days.
    http://mybluebamboo.com/

So much beautiful eye candy... I'm browsing through the sites listed and almost all of them sell only at a minimum of a half-yard. So frustrating! But the search is still such fun and I get an eyeful with every click.

I have yet to troll through Etsy. That can be an adventure in and of itself. I think I'll save that one for when I get home, but it should be fun.

Norton House has some nice Asians and sell in 1/4 yard increments. But the price is in that $9 P/Y price range (once you figure shipping on top of the per yard price)

http://webstore.quiltropolis.net/sto...8&parent_ids=0,1&page_viewall=Y&sNode=&Exp=Y&Search_Dept=&Search_Text=&Search_Sku=

Oooh, I just found this googling Asian Fat quarters:

http://www.debsews2.com/12-blue-asia...ers-3-123.html

So, so awesome! I can't thank everyone enough for their suggestions. Feline Fanatic, that bundle is SO PERFECT that it burns! I think I'm going to have to go ahead and purchase that, then go hunting for the last two I need separately. Thank you all so much!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast