Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sulky Varigated Rayon stitched chart? >

Sulky Varigated Rayon stitched chart?

Sulky Varigated Rayon stitched chart?

Old 04-14-2013, 06:03 PM

Default Sulky Varigated Rayon stitched chart?

Does anyone know a site on the internet that has Sulky Varigated Rayon #40W stitched out? I have found charts that show what the color looks like on the spool, that's not what I'm looking for. I would love to see what it looks like off the spool and stitched before making a purchase. I want to use it in decorative stitches.

Thanks lots,
Micha
Old 04-15-2013, 01:46 AM

I'm surprised they don't have it on their site for viewing like they do with some of their other threads. They do sell one though:

http://www.sulky.com/thread/thread_charts.php
Old 04-15-2013, 04:31 AM

If you or someone you know have software you may be able to do it there. I have 5D Pro and log all of my threads into my thread manager and then I can have the software show me what it looks like stitched out. It really does make a difference when working with varigated thread, especially if you are doing a curved designed or a straight one; totally changes the look. I always pull it into my software before stitching out so I will know what I'm getting. I haven't seen a chart online that allows you to see what it looks like stitched out but like I said, it will be different depending on it it's a straight line or curved.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by romanojg View Post
If you or someone you know have software you may be able to do it there. I have 5D Pro and log all of my threads into my thread manager and then I can have the software show me what it looks like stitched out. It really does make a difference when working with varigated thread, especially if you are doing a curved designed or a straight one; totally changes the look. I always pull it into my software before stitching out so I will know what I'm getting. I haven't seen a chart online that allows you to see what it looks like stitched out but like I said, it will be different depending on it it's a straight line or curved.
Hi Judy,

I don't have software like that or know anyone who does. I was hoping to see before I buy. Thanks for the tip though, I hadn't thought about the thread looking different if it is stitched straight or curved.

Micha
Old 04-15-2013, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by katier825 View Post
I'm surprised they don't have it on their site for viewing like they do with some of their other threads. They do sell one though:

http://www.sulky.com/thread/thread_charts.php
Kaktier825-I thought it was strange too, that they don't have a chart, for varigated threads, stitched out.

Micha
Old 04-15-2013, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by Micha View Post
Hi Judy,

I don't have software like that or know anyone who does. I was hoping to see before I buy. Thanks for the tip though, I hadn't thought about the thread looking different if it is stitched straight or curved.

Micha
there is a big difference in how it's stitched out. If it's on a straight line, like around the outside of a picture frame you'll get the colors in the sequence that they come off the spool, one right after the other and then it'll repeat. When it's doing a design, it'll depend on how it fills if it goes back and forth or not. I don't have any Sulky Varigated or I'd show you. I'm at work so I can't even do it using one of my other varigated brands. Knowing this has kept me using it sometimes and encouraged me other times depending on the stitchout. You'd think thread charts of all types would be more available and be free. Most of the times when you see them they are costly but it would actually sell more thread for the companies because you'd know what you have and what's available. That is why I started putting all of my thread colors in my Thread Manager and then I can print it out and take it to the store with me and I know what I need. Good luck on your search.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:21 AM

Thanks Judy. I guess I'm just going to jump in, pick a few variegated in the colors I like and sew them out myself. JoAnn's has them at 50% off right now.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:24 PM

One thing you need to know--rayon threads are not colorfast! When I first got my embroidery machine I used some rayon threads (Sulky)--I quickly learned that and changed to polyester threads.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:00 AM

Default Reply about varigated thread

I am not sure this will work, or be of help but I will post some pics of embroidery items I made for my grandchildren and I made them each a different color.
Attached Thumbnails snowy1.jpg   snowy2.jpg   snowy3.jpg  
Old 04-16-2013, 05:01 AM

A follow up... as you can tell, it is just the words that I used that thread on.