Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Summer issue of Quilting Quickly with Jenny Doan. >

Summer issue of Quilting Quickly with Jenny Doan.

Summer issue of Quilting Quickly with Jenny Doan.

Old 03-20-2013, 12:31 PM

i thought I paid for a subscription for this magazine, got first one in the mail. Haven't received another. Hope this is just the second one and I will receive it soon. I too like Jenny and her utube videos. Hence the purchase of the magazine.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:26 PM

I just got mine at the grocery store. Neat book
Old 03-20-2013, 04:51 PM

I found the summer issue but could not find the Spring issue. I will never use it as an online so I did not order it. If anyone has the spring and did not like it, I will be glad to buy it from them. I like Jenny Doan also.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:25 PM

I think I'll wait for the digital issue to be published. For the moment it seems that only the Spring issue is available for download.
Old 03-21-2013, 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
Seems to be hard to find in my area. Bella, where did you find it? Will I have to force myself to darken Joann's doorstep?
LOL! So I'm not the only one that refuses to put up with Joann's rudeness and shenanigans?
Old 03-21-2013, 02:50 AM

I bought it the day it came out in my local supermarket, Publix. I love the house and boat quilts and I am gathering the fabrics to make both. I have the large Hexi but also bought some template plastic to make the others in the book. Love the star and flag quilts too. Heck, I like them all. Best 10.00 I ever spent!
Old 03-21-2013, 04:06 AM

love to shop by myself...it's such a good time I give myself...love my family, husband and friends, but shopping solo is my kind of shopping
Old 03-21-2013, 04:29 AM

So here's the question: Why hasn't Joann's ever tried to improve their reputation? The Joann's where I live is abismal. Some of the people are nice, of course, but some are awful. The place is dirty, it's just awful. I actually called the headquarters once (a first for me) and I couldn't get past the woman who answered the phone! I cannot imagine that they are unaware of the quilting worlds' opinion of this company. I'm retiring next year, and I want a job as a Joann "undercover shopper". I was in Joanns in other states and they were lovely! This is quite a problem for us quilters in my area.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:35 AM
Power Poster

I have called the publication and was told a subscription is not available for Quilting Quickly each issue is $10 and sold as separate issues. Many confuse it with Quilty magazine from F&P.

In all my travels, I've noticed that JoAnn's stores are either very clean with rude employees and prissy manager or messy with nice employees and helpful manager.

Last edited by BellaBoo; 03-21-2013 at 04:41 AM.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:01 AM

The nearest JoAnnes to me is in Billings or Great Falls. The Billings store just opened in the past couple of months and I must say I like the Handcocks store a lot more. Very friendly and helpful staff.
I bought my copy in the grocery store here in Lewistown and can't wait to make some of the quilts! Only problem is deciding which 1 first! 2nd problem is trying to down size them for wall quilts as I don't "do" bed size.