Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Summer in The Park Quilt

Blog Entries
    Help Help!!!
    I've looked on line & even wrote to MQC to ask what ruler is used for the SITP quilt.Have watched the video & still don't know what size ruler to use, nor where to place it.

Once the tube is sewn & pressed....you cut triangle that are squares because it's double.I need this info to start.Even knowing what size the 4 squares are before sewn into a big block would help.If you've made this quilt, I need info!

Is that the tutorial where they are using the honey bun and black strips??? If so, sure looks like a 10" square with the 45 degree angle on it.

Blog Entries
    this is the method they used for Summer in the park quilt. I started making that quilt you do not need a special ruler.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOWSp0mTTqE I believe she tells you how to use a normal ruler. Remember that she gives the incorrect measurement when the strips were sewn together, she says 4 1/4" lol it's actually 4 1/2"...

In the video you watched they tell you to refer back to the video link I have included...

Blog Entries
    The one shown in the video has a white BG.Here's the link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5WgTyqB8Pc

Quote Originally Posted by leiladylei54
    Is that the tutorial where they are using the honey bun and black strips??? If so, sure looks like a 10" square with the 45 degree angle on it.

Blog Entries
    I have bad hearing, so guess I'm just missing the detail I need.

Blog Entries
    In the video I know she is only using 3 strips, but the concept is still the same, if you are using 6 strips...just sew three strips together, then you other three strips together...lay them together and make a tube, then take your ruler and lay the 45degree line on the stitch line and cut thats all there is to do....

Blog Entries
    Looks like this is beyond my understanding.I sewed 3 strips together, then another 3 strips & seamed them on both sides.Saved the PDF file & thought, mmmm....will try it.I used a triangle ruler,with the same line on both cuts.
    Now I have 2 triangles sewn together at the base.Feeling kind of dopey here.....Might try again using a square ruler.Thanks for the PDF

Quote Originally Posted by Ngeorgia

Blog Entries
    Thanks everyone.I got the tube sewn,then messed up by using the wrong ruler...I think. Won't be able to practice tomr, but will keep at it.Might have to get a book. Grrr me :(

Blog Entries
    the missouri quilt co video uses a 12 1/2 sq ruler. I don't think the ruler size matters, as long as it is big enough for the diagonal cut. This one, you sew all six strips together. You cut them, laying the diagonal center line on the ruler on the outside tube seam line.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast