Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Super Slider

Super Slider

I've just started FMQ and saw a video withnsomeone using it. Do you place this under the quilt? What keeps it from being sewn into the fabric?

Blog Entries
    The super slider goes on the bed of your sewing machine. It has a somewhat sticky back that clings to the sewing machine bed so it doesn't move around. It aids your quilt in moving (sliding) while FMQ. There is a hole in it where the needle goes up and down.
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

The slider grips the flat surface of the machine and doesn't move. There is a hole in the middle and that's where your needle goes down through the free motion quilting foot. Your quilt will go on top of the slider, and you move it around as you quilt. So, as long as the slider stays in place, it won't get sewn into the fabric. Enjoy your FMQing!!
    Bless, O Lord, the works of my hands....

P. C.

Unfortunately, I have sewn two super ssliders in to quilts so I have given up on them.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by franc36 View Post
    Unfortunately, I have sewn two super ssliders in to quilts so I have given up on them.
    Really??? How did that happen??
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Quote Originally Posted by franc36 View Post
    i did the same thing LOL! It doesnt have to move out of position too much for it to happen

Blog Entries
    mine kept getting caught up in the quilt too. I may try again on my Australian quilt but will put some tape on it in a couple of places to help.