Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Surprise Box - Thank You Gwyn!

Banned
    Today when I picked up my mail I was surprised with a wonderful box from Gwyn here on the quiltingboard. Inside I found the most adoreable turtle pin cushion, a thumb pin cushion, a wonderful smelling candle, a great pieced hankie pillowtop and fabric for the back as well as a unique miniature quilting basket with a little wooden quilting hoop, scissors, quilt pattern and fabric all in a crochet basket. Thank you so very much for such a wonderful gift. I am totally shocked and have no idea what I need to receive such a thoughtful gift. I will take pictures when I get batteries for my camera. But wanted to say thank you right away.

Thanks,
    Sherryl
    Candlequilter

PS - my 9 year old great niece was with me when I opened the box and she said how did she know that "we" would love all this stuff. So I am already sharing your great gift.

how fun it is to get mail

You are very welcome. One day many moons ago, you took a picture of your turtle collection and posted it in a thread about a turtle pin cushion. I have loved and enjoyed that turtle pin cushion for a very long time. It belonged to my father's greataunt Cornelia. Although, I think the eyes were replaced at sometime. When I saw your cute little collection I knew this little turtle belonged at your home.

Now, I can't send a box that isn't full. So, I found a few things to add to the surprise. If you decide to try doing something with handkerchiefs, you can purchase them in bulk on ebay. I did a blue and white quilt with blue/white handkerchiefs for my mother. I did the same for my aunt, only using pink. The folded shape is supposed to be butterflies and on 14" squares. I just didn't finish it.

I'm so glad you liked you surprise. Take care, Gwyn

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn
    You are very welcome. One day many moons ago, you took a picture of your turtle collection and posted it in a thread about a turtle pin cushion. I have loved and enjoyed that turtle pin cushion for a very long time. It belonged to my father's greataunt Cornelia. Although, I think the eyes were replaced at sometime. When I saw your cute little collection I knew this little turtle belonged at your home.

Now, I can't send a box that isn't full. So, I found a few things to add to the surprise. If you decide to try doing something with handkerchiefs, you can purchase them in bulk on ebay. I did a blue and white quilt with blue/white handkerchiefs for my mother. I did the same for my aunt, only using pink. The folded shape is supposed to be butterflies and on 14" squares. I just didn't finish it.

I'm so glad you liked you surprise. Take care, Gwyn
    Thank you for sharing the story about the turtle pincushion. I will treasure it always.

Hugs,
    Sherryl
    Candlequilter