Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: swapping disappointment

Blog Entries
    Have you ever swapped and been disappointed? I sent 15 really nice charms and got back 15 disappointments, really only 1 usable. Should I pm the swapper and let them know or just let it go? This is the first time this has happened every other time it's been very positive.

Oh, so sorry! I dont really know, I've never swapped before....looking forward to hearing the answers!

I've been disspointed several times. I quit doing swaps years ago because of the various problems I've had.

Just let it go. I have participated in a couple of swaps and sometimes the fabrics were not as good as quality as I use but you have to decide if you still want to swap or not. Many times you get great blocks or fabrics or whatever. I am going to use some of my "swap" stuff for charity quilts.

Pam
    Let it go, life is too short to worry about that sort of thing.

I say let it go. There are worse things in life. It's disappointing but it could be worse.

I agree to let it go. I've never been in a swap...mainly because I don't buy top of the line and don't want to disappoint anyone! I always worry that my skills are not as good as others too. Sounds like fun, but I think u get what ya get. Sorry you were disappointed!

Blog Entries
    Thank you for the charity quilt idea I will save any that don't work and use them that way. Awesome way to make lemonade from lemons!

Blog Entries
    I think I would let it go also...I am doing my first swap and I do hope I get in return what I have sent. If I am disappointed..I just won't do it again...a learning experience...

Blog Entries
    I agree let it go. When I first started I really could not tell poly cotton from quilt quality cotton ( hard to beleive). When I received my swaps I really began to see & feel the differance in good quality fabrics. So the more knowledgable quilters really helped me know better. If they don't take part in swaps it's going to take a lot longer for newbies to learn. A short time in the stores ( in their lighting) just doesn't cut it.
    Thanks to all quilters who take part in swaps, you will never know how much you have helped me & others like me. I know I'm a much better sewer because now the blocks I get in the swaps are a great guide.
    Trudy

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast