Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Synthrapol

synthropol does NOT remove dye from fabric---synthropol keeps dyes suspended in the water so they will not get on other fabrics in the washer....so, if you have a bleeder it will not bleed onto other fabrics in the same water.
    retayne is a dye fixative that will help keep a fabric from bleeding in the first place.
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

Will color catchers work as well as synthropol for making sure a completed quilt doesn't bleed? I don't want to have to wash this quilt in hot.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ckcowl View Post
    synthropol does NOT remove dye from fabric---synthropol keeps dyes suspended in the water so they will not get on other fabrics in the washer....so, if you have a bleeder it will not bleed onto other fabrics in the same water.
    retayne is a dye fixative that will help keep a fabric from bleeding in the first place.
    Always be kind to animals, morning, noon, and night, for animals have feelings too, and furthermore, they bite!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2