Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: T Shirt Quilt Question

T Shirt Quilt Question

I am making a T Shirt quilt and was wondering if I need to add interfacing to the border fabric. I have it on all the t-shirt blocks.
    Also, should I use batting?

Interacting only on backs of t shirts not border and yes I would use a lightweight batting.

Ditto! The That's what I would do as well. Gina

Thanks for the suggestions. Sorry it took awhile to get back to read the replies. Now I can get back to the quilt.

I've made several of these. Several were cut all same size and several were cut using various sizes. It's fun to do different sizes, but you have to watch as it can get to be a geometric nightmare. The best one was having the t-shirts cut based on three inch grids, meaning 3", 6", 9", 12" squares. Then I used 3" charm blocks for the sashing throughout. Turned out great! My daughter loves to use it at college. The back of it is more t-shirts with teal sashing based on a two inch grid. Had it machine stitched and it is used constantly! Have fun with yours!

I use tricot interfacing on the back of the tshirts. I know others have used a regular light weight fusible interfacing. If you need setting ideas, go to google and instead of a search...along the top hit 'images'. You will get more ideas than you can look at in a week!
    Beth in AZ
    www.bzyqltr.blogspot.com
    Innova 22' with Lightning Stitch and Pantovision
    Keep away from people who belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you too can become great. Mark Twain