Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: T-shirt quilt

T-shirt quilt

I have pieced together 56 T shirt logos each 12x12 with light loft batting. How often do I need to tack each square and how have you done it. Thanks drail.

yel
    Blog Entries
    i would say every 5 inches ..more or less ....i quilt mine but i have seen them tied ..might i suggest tie the ties in the shirt blocks to the back of the quilt so you don't take away from the shirts

How far apart does the batting package say to quilt? You'd have to tie the same amount apart.

Senior Member cedarvalleyquilts's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Definitely check to see what your batting manufacturer recommends. Rule of thumb I follow is this: If you place your hand on the quilt, you should always be able to touch some quilting (or ties if going that route).

Christine

I stitched in the ditch around each square, and then quilted an "X" through each square.

Wow!! 56 logos! How big is it! It must be huge! Good luck! I am going to start one next week. I'm taking a class...really looking forward to it!

I have stitched in the ditch in a couple of the t-shirt quilts I've made, but to save time and get them to the recipients, I've the last two I've made to long-armers and have had beautiful results. Well worth the money!
    When someone mentions quilting, I go to pieces!