Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: t shirt quilt

Hi my name is wilma and i'm some what new to quilting, but i read all the responces,questions,and answers every day and enjoy them very much. i hope some one can help me, i want to make a t shirt quilt for my store manager at wal mart, i sort of know how it should be made, but dont know how to begin. i can use all the help i can get.
    wilma

Wilma, if you hit the seaech button on the top of this page, when it opens type in t-shirt quilt, then hit search it will open up some threads on the subject, in the second set of choices choose the first one, it opens to a thread with some pictures of one and farther down the page she explains how she did it.

nel

Just cut t-shirts about 12 1/2 " and iron lightweight fusible webbing to the back to stabilize the t shirt fabric. Add sashing or borders or whatever you want. I used a piece of prewashed and dried flannel for the middle layer and tied it at the four corners of each block. It is easier if all the t-shirt blocks are the same size. If not, add a border around it so that each block is the same size before continuing. I just finished one for my son using all his cross country and track t shirts from high school.

Keep us updated on how it's coming along!