Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: t-shirt quilt w/o sashings?

Blog Entries
    I saw a picture of a few t shirt quilts that the blocks are all different sizes..... they were sewn together randomly so there wasn't straight rows.... I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to go about sewing the different size squares- rectangles together. There wasn't any sashing either- sorta like a crazy quilt. Thanks

MTS
    Banned
    Wanda over at Exuberant Color has been doing something similar (not with tshirts but with nonconforming blocks) - you can follow her tutorial here (start at the bottom for part1):
    http://exuberantcolor.blogspot.com/s...ilt%20tutorial

Partial seams can be your friend:
    http://quilting.about.com/od/piecing...tial_seams.htm

IMHO, it makes a much more interesting quilt than a straight grid layout.

Or you can use coping strips/sashing to build up each block so they are all the same size.

Banned
    I don't have a picture of the one I did but I did it with the rows sewn top to bottom instead of side to side so it just looked like it was uneven

My sister did a beautiful T-shirt for a teenager using the Turning Twenty pattern. The t-shirts turned in different directions to fit the pattern looked really awesome, especially for a teen.