Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: T shirt quilts?

Blog Entries
    Has anyone ever done T shirt quilts from old sport t-shirts? I think there is a special way to make them so that they don't strech out of shape, but am not sure? Is there a book out there anyone would recommend?

You will need to use interfacing on each piece to stabilize. Attach the interfacing before cutting.

Blog Entries
    I recently did one. I used fusible tricot interfacing and applied it with the stretch in the opposite direction of the way the shirt stretched. Then trimmed it down and worked with it as though any other fabric. It came out great, and it was very soft, not stiff like I was expecting.

Elenore Burns has a very easy pattern & a DVD on how to make a T-Shirt quilt.

Blog Entries
    http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/projec...t-quilt_1.html

This is instructions for a wall hanging but could easily become quilt size. Clear instructions too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by katier825
    I recently did one. I used fusible tricot interfacing and applied it with the stretch in the opposite direction of the way the shirt stretched. Then trimmed it down and worked with it as though any other fabric. It came out great, and it was very soft, not stiff like I was expecting.
    Woven fusible interfacing also works well, as does lightweight fusible Pellon, which is what I used in my niece's t-shirt quilt.