Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Table Problem Solved :)

Lightbulb Table Problem Solved :)

My "sewing cabinet" is my grandmother's vanity. For piecing it's fine. For FMQ it's horrible. I was constantly weighted down on the left side and the quilt bunched up behind the machine. I went to Target and found two folding tables 24"x48" for $30 each. I put one on the left side and one behind the vanity. I made sure there was about an inch gap between the tables and vanity so they wouldn't vibrate against the vanity. I just did this Sunday and yesterday I did FMQ and it was amazing! I was able to spread the quilt out behind the sewing machine and to the left. I didn't feel any of the drag and pull from the left at all. It made the quilting so much easier!!

cool-glad you found a fix.those folding tables are sew handy
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Upnorthcrafter

Good for you, I find it is much easier to quilt with something on my left. I quilt on my glass topped dining table and turn the chairs around to keep the quilt from falling off the table.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Good idea. I would even make a bumper for between the vanity and the tables our of prequilted or quilted material so you don't damage the vanity inadvertently.
    Have fun quilting! If it isn't fun, you will miss a lot.
    ali

Good for you. I just had my two sons visit this weekend and they put bed risers under the legs of my banquet table in my sewing room. I can now cut fabric without bending over!!

Power Poster
    FMQ is so much easier if your quilt sandwich is all at the same level. Congratulations on your new set- up.