Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: table runner question

I have a question about table runners. I purchased three Moda Merry and Bright table runner panels, two as Christmas gifts and one for myself ;). I know how I want to do the quilting on them but what would the best backing be for these? Is there a certain standard for table runners? Or just whatever will match?

Thank you,
    Danielle

I've done both plain, like muslin and I've done a matching piece. Since it's a table runner I would keep it simple...no one will really see that backside.

I have to admit something here... when I do table runners I use a plain poly cotton that matches the front... $2.37 at Walmart! That's if they are for me...

Same for Wallhangings that I am keeping just for me!

I use what ever matches if I want to reverse it or if you don't, muslin is fine.

I use whatever my outside border fabric is.

sometimes I put a printed fabric in fall colors on the back, with the Christmas one being on the front so it can be used for two seasons. Marge

ahhh haa.... I never even gave muslin a thought. I never do for some reason! I think I even have some in my stash for whatever reason I don't know but I think I remember seeing it there!

Thanks everyone for the ideas!

I have been doing the reversible also. I just make 2 of the same pattern and put them together

OK this is probably something that is totally wrong but sometimes when I'm doing a table runner or wallhanging for myself, I use fleece on the back and skip the batting. Sounds weird I know but it works. I've used it for table runners that look like penny rugs as well.

Wow lots of great info.
    I just use whatever matches. If its just for me I go simple with the muslin. I've died muslin before to match.
    Also I've made tablerunners for my family with trailers and motorhomes and use flannel on the back and they stay on the table without sliding off
    when they travel. :D

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast