Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: table runner???

table runner???

I was just wondering what everyone used for the backing on there table runners... I have to make a few for some gifts and didn't know if I should just use muslin or the christmas fabric from the front. What are your thought on this...
    Thanks Carol

I always use muslin for the backs of tablerunners as well as my bed quilts.....nothing beats a good quality muslin and it is still cheaper than yardage of printed fabric. JMHO

I like what Geri B says, may try that some time. So far, I have been using either flannel (extra cushioning and soft) or a co-ordinating or matching fabric so it's reversible.

Blog Entries
    I have also used fleece.
    Boom 12 - Short & Sweet

I prefer to use a co-corinating fabric for backing. I feel it gives more of a 'final finish'. I use co-corinating fabric for both small and large items. It just looks a little more elegant to me.

If it is a holiday theme, I try to make it reversible with another holiday on the back. 2 for the price of 1
    I Quilt Therefore I Am

Pat

Pat..That's the best idea yet...Just turn it over...

Blog Entries
    With table runners and wallhangings I generally use a coordinating solid fabric. I just can't see the sense in using fabrics from the collection for something no one will ever see! I went with a friend to LQS and he bought a pattern for a wall hanging and then just had the shop staff pull and cut the fabrics that he needed. He wound up spending $35 just for the backing fabric! - El Cheapo, that's me!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

I try to put another holiday fabric on the back of mine. Usually if the front it Christmas themed I put fall print on the back and they can use it for Thanksgiving. I also make the binding two colors to match each side.

Depends on where I'm planning to use the runner. As my kitchen is my favorite space I often use coordinating checkerboard fabric as backing. This way I always get a nice "country" style runner too in a reversible runner.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast