Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: table runners for wedding reception

Please help this ignorant grandmother.

My granddaughter is planning a July wedding and wants table runners in her colors to place over the round white tablecloths. This is a new concept for me, so please give me suggestions as to how these should be made and do they need edge trimming?

We did that for my daughters wedding and just took the squares (they were round tables) and pinked the edges. I ironed and starched then good. Just picked a few different fabrics in her colors. It looked real nice and not much work. Later I used the fabric for a quilt. I could look for a photo if you are interested.

I would love to see a photo.

Yes, please. I would appreciate a photo.

The photos don't show real well but I hope it helps
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Blog Entries
    I think it would be really neat to make a small table topper for each table. These are holiday, but you can get an idea of what is possible with your wedding colors.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-74504-1.htm
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-73998-1.htm

I did the same thing for our daughter's wedding. Made the toppers in chocolate brown and serged with gold thread to match her fall theme.

Julie's table centerpiece
    Name:  Attachment-121130.jpe
Views: 47
Size:  51.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Kimcatlou

My granddaughter is planning a July wedding and wants table runners in her colors to place over the round white tablecloths. This is a new concept for me, so please give me suggestions as to how these should be made and do they need edge trimming?
    You are not ignorant, with the way weddings are these days, how is anyone supposed to keep up with what they are doing? I say, you deserve credit, for even starting this one. You go grandma, you will do a great job!

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by judylg
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimcatlou

You are not ignorant, with the way weddings are these days, how is anyone supposed to keep up with what they are doing? I say, you deserve credit, for even starting this one. You go grandma, you will do a great job!
    Absolutely correct! :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    We did the same thing for my parents' 50th wedding reception. Only we made the square toppers just large enough that the points draped over the edge of the table. Just serged the edges.