Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Tablerunner idea for Tuscan kitchen?

Ok you guys were awesome in getting me ideas for the formal country tablerunner - I used the Queen's Crown pattern from Quilter's Cache - Deb W recommended it (thanks Deb!) and it came out really well. Now I need to do one for a Tuscan decor kitchen - I was thinking of a lattice with appliqued grapes but the thought of making all those little circles for hand applique is giving me hives! Any suggestions?

Perhaps you could applique bunches of grapes and use top-stitching or quilting to define the individual grapes. A purple batik? Olive branches--olives also seem Tuscan as do lemon trees....
    Attached Images Attached Images      

How about finding fabric with the grapes already on it. I bought some years ago and made a runner. Perhaps there still is some around.

Carol J.

I used to have the dining room done up "Tuscan" --- grapes/wine are the main theme for tuscan. I'd also look for the fabric that's called "Stonehenge" --- I've thought that it would go well with Tuscan. I miss my DR being made up that way ---- now it's forests and moose!!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by amandasgramma
    I used to have the dining room done up "Tuscan" --- grapes/wine are the main theme for tuscan. I'd also look for the fabric that's called "Stonehenge" --- I've thought that it would go well with Tuscan. I miss my DR being made up that way ---- now it's forests and moose!!!!
    Funny! Only because my dining room and kitchen are done up in the Tuscan theme, right down to an Italian saying on the header above the cabinets. Downstairs, its forests and moose! Husband has been obsessed with anything moose since we started dating. I have some grape items, but mostly roosters, wine items, and Tuscan colors. My kitchenaide mixer is covered in a Tuscan grape fabric. Enjoy doing your room, it sure was fun for us. There is a catalog called Touch of Class that has many ideas.

http://www.touchofclass.com/category...=107206&KICKER

Sunflowers. When visited Tuscany a few years ago, sunflowers were growing everywhere!