Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Tablerunner makers: Do your cats sleep on them???

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Hi friends!~
    I would love to make one but my cats are SO NAUGHTY!!
    If I put fabric on the ceiling I swear they'd find a way to lie on it.
    With all the tablerunners I've seen and all the cat owners there has to be someone besides me with this concern.

Blog Entries
    My cat isn't allowed on the eating table or kitchen counters but he'll lay on the coffee table if a runner is on that. Or on top of any fabric in my sewing room, usually the fabric I'm using right then.

Blog Entries
    If you make a special place for them to lay they will leave the others alone; at least mine do.

Blog Entries
    No cats at the moment, but mine were never allowed on the tables. One calico, not the sharpest knife in the drawer, took exception to that rule when I was cutting out any apparel pattern. The tissue was just fascinating to her. I always told her if she got a paw cut, she was responsible. I think the Siamese had the same issue.

Sammicat used the server in the dining room to rest from playing with my Siberian/wolf, but it was only used on holidays and I always scrubbed it first. He was never on the tables or counters.

Cats are trainable - they just pretend they aren't. I had one that would ask to go upstairs. If I said "No, the baby is sleeping", he sat down and waited.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy
    If you make a special place for them to lay they will leave the others alone; at least mine do.
    Your cats are good. I have made special places for them, bought special beds for them and my cats will lay on the special place AND on any fabric they can find. I've even caught them lay on a 6" square block that had mistakenly dropped on the floor!

Mine love table runners AND placemants!

Quote Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    Hi friends!~
    I would love to make one but my cats are SO NAUGHTY!!
    If I put fabric on the ceiling I swear they'd find a way to lie on it.
    With all the tablerunners I've seen and all the cat owners there has to be someone besides me with this concern.
    Make a special place for your cats and that's where they will lay -- when you are home. As soon as you leave, they will do whatever they please. :D :D :D

Blog Entries
    I just change the tablerunner when we are using the table. Love table mats...just throw them in the washer...Its also a great way to pratice and use of my scraps

I would love to know HOW to keep the little stinker OFF the tables and counters. Mine is an absolute daredevil!! We have toys galore, special bed etc he still will attempt to tip top ever so quietly across the table, sideboard, hutch and countertops. I dislike that immensely! But I love the little guy so much it's hard to discipline him too much, he's really a love, just has lots of spunk! Yes,... that's him to the left, my avatar!
    So in answer to your question.... YES, he makes himself right at home on my table runner, placemats, tablecloths etc etc.. All which go into the washer more frequently than I would like!
    Still adore him!! :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Divokittysmom
    I would love to know HOW to keep the little stinker OFF the tables and counters. Mine is an absolute daredevil!! We have toys galore, special bed etc he still will attempt to tip top ever so quietly across the table, sideboard, hutch and countertops. I dislike that immensely! But I love the little guy so much it's hard to discipline him too much, he's really a love, just has lots of spunk! Yes,... that's him to the left, my avatar!
    So in answer to your question.... YES, he makes himself right at home on my table runner, placemats, tablecloths etc etc.. All which go into the washer more frequently than I would like!
    Still adore him!! :-D
    Try a spray bottle of water when they get on things you don't want them to be on. That is how I have trained stubborn cats about tables and counter tops in the past. My cat just loves to sleep on my fabric, but she also loves any paper, no matter what size to get on. I guess she doesn't want it to get away! I'm glad my mid arm is in a room she does not get into, otherwise I would have a sagging quilt when it would be on the frame.....

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast