Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Taking out machine quilting

I just had a top machine quilted. It turned out beautifully except where she stitched "in the ditch". I think it would look better if that stitching was totally removed. Is this possible? Would it leave "holes" in the fabric? It is stitched with fairly small stitching, but the stitches are even. Any help anyone can give me is appreciated! Thanks!

Why not post a picture for everyone to look at.

Blog Entries
    Maybe you could try taking out a few stitches in an out of the way spot and see what happens???

It would be possile to remove the stitches. The stitch holes should disappear, when the quilt gets washed.

I have removed stitches and it's slow going! But worth it if you aren't satisfied now with how it looks.

If you don't like it I say remove the stitches. The holes should close up when you wash it.

Thank you to all for your advice. We (my husband and me!) are in the process of taking out all those little stitches. We think it will be all right in the end although right now we can see the holes where the needles punctured the fabric. Seems like it is relaxing a bit, though, and I think once it is washed those holes will pretty much disappear. I will like the quilt much better once the stitching is out, I think. I will post a picture after it is finished. Quilt on!