Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Taking a sewing machine on a plane - UPDATE >

Taking a sewing machine on a plane - UPDATE

Taking a sewing machine on a plane - UPDATE

Old 05-28-2014, 06:57 AM

Default Taking a sewing machine on a plane - UPDATE

A big "Thank You" to everyone that gave me advice on taking a sewing machine on a plane. Since then, my other sister is buying a sewing machine from a friend of mine that lives in my town, and is the same machine as mine. (a Bernina 440 w/BSR for $1,500.00! What a steal, but that's another thread) Anyway, I also saw an advertisement for UPS, they will pack, ship, and guarantee the shipment. Probably for the same price as taking a carry on, as the airline I am flying on charges for carry on luggage. I will ship it to the sister that I am house sitting for, and my sister that is buying the machine, only lives 3 hrs away, and is coming over for the weekend and will get the machine then. (Did I mention I am house sitting in Vegas?) I was able to arrive at this plan, thanks to all of the advice on this board. I am going to slip in fabric for a project with the machine.
Old 05-28-2014, 07:34 AM

Just make sure UPS does it right...double boxed with lots of cushioning between the boxes. Been there,done that,got the T- shirt!
Old 05-28-2014, 08:42 AM

I've shhipped sewing machines, fabrics and other items via UPS and have always been satisfied with their service. Hate carrying things on the plane or check luggage. so UPS gets my clothing and anything else I decide to send. Then I ship it back home and more!