Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: talk to me about Muslin!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BJ SewKkrazzy
    I have a friend who is a seamstress, and she makes clothes for people, and almost always cuts the pattern out of muslin first to make sure the pattern will fit properly.

I sent you a private message..

:)

I use muslin (good grade)when I want to make a traditional block. Most old country quilters used muslin (domestic) to set blocks and for the backing(lining). Sometimes I just like the old-timey look, I reckon.

i will use muslin for a backing somethimes but only the better grade the cheaper price is to thin, as far as using muslin in my quilt top i prefer kona cotton instead

Blog Entries
    I like muslin for the backs, sometimes, depends on the quilt. I use muslin for lots of different things such as lining bags. I like a coarse muslin for doll bodies.

Blog Entries
    Ya'll are making me jealous! :hunf: My local Walmarts all dropped fabric. They were great for muslin that my DH used for his Muzzleloader stuff. I knew I could always find batting and thread quickly.

Now that they don't have fabric, I rarely go there. Count your blessings folks! You have many.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5