Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tan featherweight

Did they ever make one in a tan color? I called about a machine on craigslist and the guy didn't know much about it except it's small. Ah, it might be a 301. He wasn't home at the time and couldn't remember the number on it. If it's possible it might be a featherweight I'll call him back.

Blog Entries
    No, it is most likely the 301, big sis to the featherweight.

Yes, Singer very definitely did make a tan version of the featherweight, though they are somewhat rarer than the other colors and tend to go for a higher price. They also had their own tan and brown version of the featherweight carrying case. I have one in my collection and there have been several on ebay recently (one person got a great deal because the machine was erroneously listed as "white" ).

Thanks akrogirl. I'm gonna have to call him back and check this out some more. What do you think would be a good price to pay in good condition without a case?

I haven't seen any sell recently without a case, but with one they have fetched between $450 and $750. I would guess that anything under $300 would be a good deal if in decent condition.

Oh, hope you can get it!

I called him and got his voice mail. Hopefully he'll call me back tomorrow. I'm not sure what it is yet but he was only asking $35.00 for it and he said it was in good condition. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Quote Originally Posted by nett2
    I called him and got his voice mail. Hopefully he'll call me back tomorrow. I'm not sure what it is yet but he was only asking $35.00 for it and he said it was in good condition. Keep your fingers crossed for me.
    That is a major, major steal if it does happen to be a featherweight!!! It's not a bad deal for a 301 either, so good luck either way :-)

Here's a picture of mine. The tan is on the top left.

My Featherweights
    Name:  Attachment-176230.jpe
Views: 29
Size:  62.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by MaryStoaks
    Here's a picture of mine. The tan is on the top left.
    Nice featherweights you have there. I've got a tan 301A longbed I'm going to use as soon as I get my sewing room ready. So far I'm keeping my black featherweight in her case.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast