Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: Teflon "slider" sheets - even remotely worth the price?

I like mine very much. FMQ is great with it. Also try buying some door stops & put under the back of your machine to raise it up. Sure helps with neck strain. You're like me ,sew till u drop. Have to remember to get up & walk around every so often. Put the iron board so u have to get up & walk to it.
    Live everyday so that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says oh crap she's up.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by callen View Post
    Could you someone describe this oven liner that they purchased instead of the Supreme Slider. I have never seen or heard of such a thing. That does it look like & where besides WalMart can it be purchased. I live in Canada. Would appreciate any help that I can get.
    They are marketed for quite a wide variety of purposes. If you do a search on Amazon for "teflon sheet" you will find quite a variety. Here is a link to one type that I believe some people use in place of the slider:
    http://www.amazon.com/Regency-Inch-S...dp/B000A3I3EW/
    I have seen these in the cooking department of Fleet Farm. Target probably has them, and I would think any store that has a large kitchen department.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by schwanton View Post
    I bought one for free motion quilting, but found my fabric always got stuck on the edge of my extension table. The last quilt I fmq'd I moved my machine and extension table to the dining room. I bought an inexpensive flannel backed vinyl tablecloth and cut a small hole in it for my needle. I then used three large black office clamps and pulled the table cloth taut on three edges of my dining table. My quilt slid easily and never got caught. I wish I had thought of this idea sooner!
    Great idea!
    Good Better Best, never let it rest till the good is better and the better best

Blog Entries
    The slider is slick not non stick. There is a big difference but unless you compare you won't know.
    Got fabric?

Quote Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
    They are marketed for quite a wide variety of purposes. If you do a search on Amazon for "teflon sheet" you will find quite a variety. Here is a link to one type that I believe some people use in place of the slider:
    http://www.amazon.com/Regency-Inch-S...dp/B000A3I3EW/
    I have seen these in the cooking department of Fleet Farm. Target probably has them, and I would think any store that has a large kitchen department.
    Oh, I miss Fleet Farm so-o-o much.. We don't have them, or anything like them in the Denver area.

Dee
    Save your $$$.

try using parchment paper you can buy it by the roll, you just need to tape it down

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6