Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tell me about quilt labels ...

A Yorkshire Brit living in Southern Sweden
    I'm making pretty good progress on the blocks for this ... http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-158970-1.htm

My first project ... and realise that it needs a quilt label, of course it does, and it needs to be dedicated to my Gran - without sounding too sentimental and bearing in mind that we hope she won't have it for TOO long (She's wanting/waiting to die) and then it will be coming back to me, and it should have my name and the date on it, but other than that sort of vague idea I don't know how I should go about this ....

I am hand stitching and will be handquilting and do not have a sewing machine, let alone one with a writing programme, and yet I think I would rather it have a stitched label than a fabric pen one ... Are they available online anywhere?

Thanks for any thoughts,
    Helen

Blog Entries
    Print on cloth to get done quickly. If you want to embroider a more permanent label you can do that later.

there are labels available - pre printed- in some quilt shops- there are books of iron on labels available at places like Joannes- do a quilt labels search - you will find many to choose from- or you can design a label on the computer- print a picture (my avatar is the label for a couple quilts i've made)- then print your designed label over the picture- you can embroider over it if you want to- choosing what ever font you like-
    you can make them as personal as you want- i've actually written whole stories on labels before-
    heat set after it has had time to cure- (if you do it this way make sure to pre-wash the fabric ---with detergent- no fabric softener--or you can purchase printer fabric sheets.- iron on printer decals are also available (the stuff like on a decaled t-shirt. again you design it- print it on the product- then iron it on.

Blog Entries
    get the print fabric sheets and make your label in Word, it will come out great.

How about -
    For my granddaughter (her name)
    Made with love by (your name)
    (date)

Anything else is up to you. Some put the name of the quilt on them or you could put something like Always in my heart. Prayers for you.

Blog Entries
    name date who its for and all your love? you can use color markers and make it cute!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoutingSquirrel
    bearing in mind that we hope she won't have it for TOO long (She's wanting/waiting to die) and then it will be coming back to me,
    For my Grandma - may she rest in peace soon so I can get the quilt back.

Quote Originally Posted by MadQuilter
    bearing in mind that we hope she won't have it for TOO long (She's wanting/waiting to die) and then it will be coming back to me,
    :lol:

That may work in some families!

Stitched in love, through and through.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    ok....iced tea out of the nose here....thanks...you are soooo bad..hehehe :P

Quote Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
    ok....iced tea out of the nose here....thanks...you are soooo bad..hehehe :P
    OMG

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast