Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: Tell me about your sewing room

Yes! Great idean for thread cabinet! Never thought of that - thanks for sharing!

I bought that same cabinet pattern from Connecting threads. Am hoping my D Stepson will make it for me this summer.
    :)

Quote Originally Posted by lots2do
    I bought that same cabinet pattern from Connecting threads. Am hoping my D Stepson will make it for me this summer.
    :)
    we didn't have any pattern, just a picture. I didn't know that there was a pattern out there........but I think he did a good job on his own.

If you see yard sticks, grab them. They are not the easiest thing to find. Most of the places have their names on them as an advertisement......

(even though you have to buy them)

if you take notice of mine, you will see that we got them at True Value...so I just added Thread to it and it became
    "TRUE VALUE THREAD"

WHERE THERE'S A WILL, THERE'S A WAY....lololol

MaryJane

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I have my sewing table set up in the corner of my living room.Penny

Quote Originally Posted by AtHomeSewing
    I love my sewing room. I took it me over 6 years after my daughter left for college to decide it was mine! I guess I finally realized she wasn't going to move back home! (: It would have been a guest room, but having someone stay over is a rarity, so it gets much better use now.

Pictures of my room are posted here:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/athomesewing/
    This is a fantastic setup ... I love it :D

Quote Originally Posted by cscmath
    I am lucky to have just moved from a smaller bedroom to a larger bedroom (it used to be my daughter's room). I moved all my Ikea cabinets to the new room, and added some more. Relatively inexpensive way to get storage.

OMG, it is GORGEOUS, AND....AND a HQ16!!!! :mrgreen:
    That is fabulous, I wish I could even try a longarm!
    Enjoy that wonderful space!

Love the thread cabinet. Last weekend I picked up some yardsticks at Home Depot for 61 cents each. They are 1/4 inch thick so are nice and sturdy. I'll have to go get some more.

Love all the sewing rooms! Mine look so clutered even when clean. I have wall to wall bookcase, cabinets, and dresser. My problem is I have no height as it is a cape with the slanted walls.
    I have to admit I have two rooms, one upstairs where there pictures were taken, and one downstairs.

3 fabric cabinets to the left
    Name:  Attachment-36223.jpe
Views: 21
Size:  103.5 KB

chair to left
    Name:  Attachment-36224.jpe
Views: 48
Size:  64.8 KB

to the right the ceiling slopes down
    Name:  Attachment-36225.jpe
Views: 15
Size:  54.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Oklahoma Suzie
    Quote Originally Posted by ctsgjs
    About 5 years ago my husband enclosed our one-car garage. We never parked the car in there anyway because it was always full of junk. Now 1/3 holds a weight machine and a chest freezer, while the other 2/3 is all mine! He custom built floor-to-ceiling cabinets on two sides, so I have lots of storage. Then he built a 6'x7' table with two sewing stations and drawers and cabinets underneath. I have an old wooden worktable that he got from a previous employer and someday I will refinish it for a cutting table. There are two nice windows, plus good lighting and even a ceiling fan. There's also satellite TV & a DVD player. If only the bathroom weren't at the other end of the house, I might never have to come out of there!
    sounds wonderful, do you have pics?
    Not right now. We also did some house leveling & remodeling late last year, and my sewing room was the dump place for lots of junk that had to be moved out of other rooms. I've been sewing in a space about 24" square and really need to get the place cleaned up. When it's all neat I'll take a few pictures and post them here.

Mary Jane-
    That was so clever - adding thread to True Value. I missed it the first time, glad you pointed that out!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5