Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: tell me how

Blog Entries
    everything in the members buy/sell/trade classifieds are gone by the time i get to it. i get my newsletter 6:00 a.m. and i'm reading it at 6:02... ??????

Quote Originally Posted by dotski
    everything in the members buy/sell/trade classifieds are gone by the time i get to it. i get my newsletter 6:00 a.m. and i'm reading it at 6:02... ??????
    Isn't that folder open all the time? Just check from time to time.

My guess would be the whole newsletter thing. How recent are the topics in the newsletter? It's likely yesterday's news. Put the board addy in your address bar and come here directly.

Blog Entries
    Things in the classified often sell withing a minute or several minutes of being posted. If you are going through the newsletter this could be a long time after the topics were posted.

bj
    You don't have to rely on getting the newsletter to get into classifieds, etc. I have the unread topics URL saved in my favorites menu for my pc. I get to everything thru that. Once you get on any part of the Message Board, you can access all of it, either at the top or the bottom of the page.

The news letter is just a list of the most active topics if you come here and click the classified section or Unread topics you are more likely to have a chance at things

I never 'use' the newsletter, but always go to the home page and click on the subjects lists.
    Every subject is marked 'new subject' or 'new posts', so I can read what I want to, without opening items that don't have new reactions.

There are people who sit up all night and watch for the new postings. They don't wait on the newsletter. You can get on here at anytime --------------------- it is truly the early bird that gets the worm or the night owl that stalks the board classifieds, too. I was posting after midnight and didn't get to bed till 3a answering pm's.

When I sell things here on the board I always make sure I have an hour or so right then to sit here and answer my private messages because they start coming in as soon as I list things. By the time the newsletters goes out the next morning, everything is sold. Just keep checking that section all throughout the day (and night) for newly listed items.

LOL, we are quick! I have anwered ads 5 minutes after someone posts, and almost everything is gone!~

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast