Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Template (drawable) for 1" triangle

Blog Entries
    I've googled to no avail.
    I've tried measuring on graph paper. Would it be a 60 degree one? Trying to measure the one on the pattern and my drawn one doesn't come out that way!
    I don't want to spend money on a plastic template until
    I've tried a sample block! :hunf:

If someone could post an accurate picture of one, I could download it and make a template from that out of temp. plastic.
    :lol: :lol: Also needing 2" hexagon as well.

Thank you good friends! Want to try this ;( Another one from Parfait Cafe)

Swirling Hexagons
    Name:  Attachment-239079.gif
Views: 149
Size:  66.1 KB

Blog Entries
    Yes it would be a 60 degree just the same as a OBW. :D:D:D

Cut your strips to the height that you want, and then cut the 60 degree triangles. You can use the 60 degree line on any of your rules for this. I don't use a specialty ruler for OBWs I use my 6 1/2" X 12 1/2" all the time :wink:

2" and 1", so your strips would be cut at 2 1/2" and 1 1/2" I believe. Cut a couple out of scraps though, in case I am wrong :wink:

Edit* then measure the "bottom" of each triangle 1 1/2" or 2 1/2" and then make your 60 degree cut :D:D:D

Beautiful pattern.

Blog Entries
    You can also cut these out of paper, and then lay them out to check your sizes. Cheaper and easier than using scraps sometimes :D:D:D

Blog Entries
    Not my day... read the fine print again on the pattern :oops: and they are cutting these strips 1", my! these are tiny pieces LOL

So cut your strips 1", then measure along the bottom of the strip 1" and make your 60 degree angle cut there. You will cut the next piece by measuring over from the top of the strip.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by amma
    Not my day... read the fine print again on the pattern :oops: and they are cutting these strips 1", my! these are tiny pieces LOL

So cut your strips 1", then measure along the bottom of the strip 1" and make your 60 degree angle cut there. You will cut the next piece by measuring over from the top of the strip.
    Actually the triangle is cut out of a separate little square than the strips are. Just need 5" sq for each color!

Did manage to draw the templates, so you all can stop looking now! LOL :P :P :mrgreen:

http://www.incompetech.com/graphpaper/

This is 2 months after your request, but maybe this resource will be useful for future projects.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by prayerquilts
    http://www.incompetech.com/graphpaper/

This is 2 months after your request, but maybe this resource will be useful for future projects.
    Oh Wow, that is handy! Bookmarked for future use. Love the name - Incompetech!

Thanks a lot!