Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: template jumble

Blog Entries

template jumble

Since I FMQ my own quilts I have a tangled mess of templates that need to be organized...ideas?

Blog Entries
    Would a notebook with the clear plastic pockets work for at least some of them?
    Vonda-Texas MiMi of 4 Beautiful Grandbabies

That's why God gave us ziplock bags and Sharpies to write on the bags. I has assumed you are talking about various templates - but not sure. So I should have asked why kind of templates are you referring to before making any suggestions.

I don't machine quilt but I have tons (relatively) now of other stencils. Not sure if yours are commercially produced or not. Mine are and all have holes at one end. I use a circular belt hanger that I then hang on a hook on the back of the door in my sewing room. Not overly organized, per se, but they are controlled and I can easily look through them and then just grab the bunch in front of the one I want and then replace the unwanted bunch back on the belt hanger.

I've drilled holes in the ones that don't have (cardboard has punch holes), and I put them on those metal shower cutrain hooks--then hang on plastic coat hangers or wood dowels. They begin to multiply like rabbits, don't they?
    Last edited by mermaid; 10-12-2012 at 04:29 AM. Reason: msp//

You could scan the templates and then put them on your computer or flash drive. It the design is large then have it copied at a business office store.

If you use them frequently, do the above to catalog them. Roll them up for storage and find a good place to put them that way.

ali
    Have fun quilting! If it isn't fun, you will miss a lot.
    ali