Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Tennesee Quilt Shops

I will be taking a road trip from St. Louis to Nashville in early May. Any quilt shops I need to NOT miss? Thanks in advance for the help!

Great question - I also will be traveling from the southeast coast of Florida to Nashville and would love to know of any quilt shops on the way. I've been to most of them in Florida.

I have only been to this one - but I like it :-)

http://www.thequiltersattic.com/

And if you go through Bowling Green there is Whittles. You can check them out online. Not really like a LQS but the price makes up for the rusticness.

MTS
    Banned
    Well, depending on your route, wouldn't you be going right past Paducah (I57 to I24)?

While Hancock's is there and certainly stop-worthy, I would definitely try to make a quick side trip to the museum (if you've never been before).

http://www.quiltmuseum.org/

I hope you have a safe trip.

Blog Entries
    If you are stopping in Franklin, they have a nice Joann's. I was there with my sister back in the fall. Other than that, I know nothing of Nashville. But if you come on north, there is a beautiful quilt shop in Jonesborough(sp?)called Tennessee Quilts. They have a gorgeous s story shop filled with fabric.

MTS
    Banned
    That was the first thing I checked - the location of TQ. But it's really not on the way.

Unless a detour of several hundred miles isn't a problem. ;-)

I've never been but I know their online selection is fabulous, and sometimes the only place I can find certain fabrics.

Tennessee Quilts in Jonesboro (Eastern Tennessee outside of Johnson City) is a great place to look. I lived here two years before I ventured in. I thought it was a quilt museum! They laughed when I told them that, said they get that comment all the time. They have a beautiful store and a great selection.
    Ann in TN

The Cherry Pit in Sevierville is awesome. Also, Klassy Katz in Memphis area is neat. The Quilters Attic in Goodlettsville is great.