Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Tension Issue

Tension Issue

I am new to LA quilting and am losing the tension battle on my Innova. The top thread comes through the back and the back thread comes through the top. Does anyone have any suggestions? I saw the TOWA on line, but it is expensive just for the one that checks the bobbin. Is it worth the cost? Any suggestions/advice are greatly appreciated...thanks so much:-)
    So many quilts, so little time :-)

Blog Entries
    Can you call your dealer and ask? We have a regional Innova training center in our town and In sure they would be happy to answer your question. The Towa might seem $ but in comparison to your machine, its probably a small amount to pay for good reults. Pm me if you want the stores info.

It sounds like your tension spring might have fluff stuffed down inside. Have you cleaned the tension knob? And the next thing to try would be to take the spring off your bobbin and clean under there really well.

I have a Tin Lizzie Ansley 26", love that machine!!

to answer your TOWA question, I love it. Takes the guess work out of the bobbin tension. Once you have that right for the particular thread you are using, it is easier to adjust the top tension to where it should be.
    I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health - Voltaire

Innova has a 24/7 phone # that will work wonders. Call it!!! Michael will walk you through any problem you might have. It could be that your tension assembly needs to be adjusted, or something else entirely. You don't need the TOWA. Some people like to use it, but it's really not necessary. Even if you had it, you would have to figure out the correct setting for your machine, thread, fabric, and batting.

Superior Threads supplies a thread tension chart for free. you're right in that you don't need it, but it sure is handy if you like to use a lot of different threads.
    Last edited by DebraK; 09-27-2012 at 07:59 AM.
    I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health - Voltaire

Also you might join if you haven't the yahoo group: innovalongarm@yahoogroups.com. They are a great group.

Blog Entries
    You may want to look at this blog that was posted by an amazing quilter about the TOWA

http://greenfairyquilts.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by dove View Post
    I am new to LA quilting and am losing the tension battle on my Innova. The top thread comes through the back and the back thread comes through the top. Does anyone have any suggestions? I saw the TOWA on line, but it is expensive just for the one that checks the bobbin. Is it worth the cost? Any suggestions/advice are greatly appreciated...thanks so much:-)