Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Texas Starburst

I have been wanting to do the Texas Starburst, but have not wanted to tackle the diamonds, it seems like there are so many. Can any one let me know if these diamonds can be strip cut?. Can anyone give me some guidelines?.

Thanks for your time,
    Barbb

Blog Entries
    absotively!!! :P

the precise measurements will depend on the size diamonds you want but the one consistent is that you'll cut your strips the required width, then make your cuts on a 60 degree angle every so-far apart.

i'm sure you can find free directions on the internet

I use that method too, from Eleanor Burns. Sew strips together, cut at 60* and make new strips. Look through her website, it may be under Lone Star or Texas Star. All of them are variations built the same way. I will baste or pin a LOT at seams when joining on this one.

Hey luck of all luck, it was shown on Simply quilts this morning. Enclosed is the web site, she has instructions.

Click here: http://images.scrippsweb.com/HGTV/2005/09/29/qlt1126_diamond2.pdf

That takes you right o the instructions, I can send the web page if you need it.

Rita