Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Texture magic

Texture magic

I am making a cup cake quilt for my granddaughter. Does anyone know (1) how well it stands up to washing and (2) if it will texture with the direction of the stitching (swirls, etc.)? I'm talking about the sheets and not the thread. I want to use it to give the frosting demension and design. I hope someone has experience, as the sheets are so expensive and hope to get advice before I start experimenting! Thanks!!!

I would interested in knowing this also!

Blog Entries
    Me too. I have never used it on a quilt

You ca call Superior Threads and ask them about it. They will alswer questions about their products.

Nice name!!!

I know someone that uses it for her craft. But, you will have to experiment in order to see if it is going to do what you want...I know that she quilts a bit close together to get the desired effect.
    Tink's Mom (My name is really Susie)

I think it would be very cute for icing! I've used it on wall hangings, but the LQS has a jacket made with it that is lovely. The last wall hanging I did used texture magic for the tree trunk. We sewed "grain lines" for the trunk using TM, even knot holes. When it shrank it was amazingly realistic! Just remember to use a nice wide satin stitch to sew it down (if you're not piecing it) since it's a bit hard to control at the edges.

Pam

I've used it several times....and love it.....! I didn't have a pin foot for pin tucking in an applique piece I was doing, so I tried the TM and it worked great, actually liked it better....Making a purse now and used it on the outside pocket...Too Cute!! Go to you tube and type in Texture Magic Superior Threads...They have a series of videos all about TM....I counted as many as 18 in the series...I haven't washed anything yet, but I'm told that it washes great....And yes it will texture in the direction you sew, at least mine did....

;
    Have an inspring day!
    Sandi

I have used this a few times, the last time I found that if you hold it over a steaming kettle (with care and oven mitts on), it textures much faster than trying to use the steam from the iron.

I've never seen it used in an article that has been washed alot, only purses & toys, but hopefully it would keep it's shape.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast