Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Thank you from Norway >

Thank you from Norway

Thank you from Norway

Old 07-27-2011, 05:06 AM

Dearest Friends,

I want to express my gratitude for the many PMs I have received expressing love and support.

The entire nation is in mourning. There were office workers, passersby and others who were injured or killed at the Parliament offices.

There were people, kids, young adults, adults from every section of the country on that island enjoying the annual summer retreat.

These are NOT right wing fundamentalist (Hitler-type youth) as reported on one Internet site. They are young people who believe in democracy, peace and want to devote their lives to political science and public service.

I hope you have seen the dignified marches with people carrying roses to express sympathy as well as their firm belief in "Love of fellow man, Peace and Democracy" as our answer to such terrorism. A nation in grief whose people do not seek revenge is a rare thing in today's world. In a poll taken by one of the national newspaper 75% of the country continues to reject capitol punishment as the answer to violence.

The Norwegian children have devised their own website where they can share their feelings and talk about what ever they need to discuss through animation.

May I ask for prayer for everyone who has been impacted? There remain parents/families still waiting for word on their loved ones. It is not only the families of the victims who need our prayers, but also the police, rescue service personal and volunteers who all required trauma help. Some are feeling crushed under the aftermath of the burden of dealing with the horror.

I am so proud of my little nation. :thumbup:
Old 07-27-2011, 05:09 AM

We here in the US, can relate to what your country is going through (because of 9/11). My sympathy to you.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:11 AM

You are a great representative of your country and have expressed your feelings very well. Our hearts go out to all of you who are suffering from this.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:11 AM

My thoughts are with you and all those impacted. Very tragic. Sending healing thoughts.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:14 AM

My heritage is Norweigan; my grandparents came from there and I have relatives there. I am deeply saddened by events. Our prayers and thoughts are with you and everyone.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:16 AM

your little part of the world has my prayers for all of you.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:23 AM

I've been praying for all of you since we heard the horrible news. Makes my heart just ache to think of all that sadness and loss.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:28 AM

Having visted Norway and lived there, although for brief periods, I have a great affection for the country and the people. One of the things that impressed me was the openness of discussion and the awareness of and involvement in politics by the young people. In this world of revenge and blame it is wonderful to see the country hold strong to their beliefs.

It goes without saying that i feel great sadness for the loss and destruction of so many lives.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:35 AM

All my sympathy goes to the people in your beautiful country. You are all in my thoughts.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:47 AM
Power Poster

(((HUGS))) Prayers being said (((HUGS)))