Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Thank You, Thank You To All Who >

Thank You, Thank You To All Who

Thank You, Thank You To All Who

Old 03-09-2013, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by AlienQuilter View Post
I did it! Yea!

I wound up putting some Masonite board that I had on the little table because the length was 2 inches to short for my machine. But it works and I did not have to buy anything - more money for fabric!

Thank you!
Isn't this forum the most wonderful thing you've ever encountered? I am not a novice, but each day I learn something new from you beautiful people. So I have to say thank you, too.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:20 PM

OMG, your post could not have come at a better time! I'm remodeling my sewing room right now and I LOVE your setup! I was going to cut into a table to mount my machine flush, but that is so much nicer and cleaner and I know my local Lowe's carries those same little tables - I'm totally going to copy you!! See, you've just paid some back! That is going to be so much easier and less messy (and better looking, even) than what I was going to do! Marvelous!!

I've learned tons on this site too, all the same stuff you talked about are some of my favorite new techniques. Pinmoors, elmer's glue.... I was just thinking the other night; I wonder what my grandmother would have thought of me using school glue to baste a whole quilt? LOL

Oh, I'm so excited now. I have been cleaning and organizing all morning and was literally JUST ABOUT to go saw a hole my table, and took a little quilt board break before I went out. Now I need to change out of my "grubbies" and go to Lowe's instead! Thank you for posting that pic!!
Old 03-09-2013, 04:09 PM

Location: Live in Michigan, but I'm in Heaven when in my sewing room

WOW!! I can feel your excitement all the way in Michigan!! I am so happy for you. It will make a world of difference. I'm glad the timing was right for you. Have a great time quilting and setting up your room. And it's nice to know I could help someone.

Originally Posted by Sewnoma View Post
OMG, your post could not have come at a better time! I'm remodeling my sewing room right now and I LOVE your setup! I was going to cut into a table to mount my machine flush, but that is so much nicer and cleaner and I know my local Lowe's carries those same little tables - I'm totally going to copy you!! See, you've just paid some back! That is going to be so much easier and less messy (and better looking, even) than what I was going to do! Marvelous!!

I've learned tons on this site too, all the same stuff you talked about are some of my favorite new techniques. Pinmoors, elmer's glue.... I was just thinking the other night; I wonder what my grandmother would have thought of me using school glue to baste a whole quilt? LOL

Oh, I'm so excited now. I have been cleaning and organizing all morning and was literally JUST ABOUT to go saw a hole my table, and took a little quilt board break before I went out. Now I need to change out of my "grubbies" and go to Lowe's instead! Thank you for posting that pic!!
Old 03-10-2013, 05:40 AM

This is also good timing for me as I am thinking of tackling a bigger project and I am dreading the thought of struggling with the safety pins and the bulk of the quilt. I usually send my quilt to the be LA. because of this. Thankyou so much for sharing your tips about the pinmoors and the pic of your table setup!!
Old 03-11-2013, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by Fab-ra-holic View Post
WOW!! I can feel your excitement all the way in Michigan!! I am so happy for you. It will make a world of difference. I'm glad the timing was right for you. Have a great time quilting and setting up your room. And it's nice to know I could help someone.
Look at what you made me do!

Before: (sort of "during" the reorg, it's not usually quite this cluttered....but close!)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]401146[/ATTACH]

After! (Complete with quilt inspector perch! LOL)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]401147[/ATTACH]

I still need to do some cord management and find something shorter for that window, but I'm so excited about my new space! Thanks again for your EXTREMELY timely post!!
Attached Thumbnails old_sewing_station.jpg   new_sewing_station2.jpg