Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Thanks for the URL >

Thanks for the URL

Thanks for the URL

Old 01-14-2011, 07:33 AM

I don't remember who posted the URL www.quiltsforkids.org but I want you to know that I have been so blessed by this. I went there and requested a kit (I didn't really know what their specs were) and when it came I was so excited. I am now a volunteer quilter for Downy's quilts for kids. Arkansas does not have a chapter at all so I have to just send my little quilts to the main chapter in PA. Shame on Arkansas. I asked for info on how to start one and it is beyond my abilities and circumstances. I bought some children's fabrics (bolts) when Hancocks in Rogers, AR went out of business. I thought I was crazy. It was like 75% off. Now I know why I bought it. So, again, thank you for the link.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:41 AM
Power Poster

I have made some and it is such a worthwhile project. They are fun to make. Hats off to you and others who give unselfishly:):):)
Old 01-14-2011, 07:41 AM

This board is so helpful and giving of their time! It's the BEST forum to be on!
Old 01-14-2011, 07:58 AM
bj

I have one finished quilt and 3 kits ready to work up for them. I've sent 3 already. I agree. What a nice group! The lady I talked to on the phone was so sweet. I hadn't thought about looking into a chapter in my area, but I will now. Thanks for putting that idea in my head!

This is my last QFK quilt Bees and Lady Bugs
[ATTACH=CONFIG]159922[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-159917.jpe  
Old 01-14-2011, 08:54 AM
Power Poster

Bless you heart for joining in on this wonderful cause!! The fabrics they send are so cheery, aren't they? It is so fun to shop for these quilts and sew their kits too :D:D:D
Old 04-29-2011, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by bj
I have one finished quilt and 3 kits ready to work up for them. I've sent 3 already. I agree. What a nice group! The lady I talked to on the phone was so sweet. I hadn't thought about looking into a chapter in my area, but I will now. Thanks for putting that idea in my head!
I love them. I've made three so far and am working on two more. I did not send for kits this time. I have bolts of children's fabric and the patterns now so I'll just donate that also. Now, if I can find out how to post a picture, I'll do that. I tried (printed out the directions) and followed the directions but not even the message went. I think it's an IE9 thing. I will try in Firefox and see what happens.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by dkabasketlady
This board is so helpful and giving of their time! It's the BEST forum to be on!
DITTO
Old 04-29-2011, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by ruthrec
I am now a volunteer quilter for Downy's quilts for kids. Arkansas does not have a chapter at all so I have to just send my little quilts to the main chapter in PA. Shame on Arkansas. I asked for info on how to start one and it is beyond my abilities and circumstances.
Idaho doesn't have one either so I'm going through PA, too. I have three tops finished from their kits, plus three more from my own. Just have to get the backing on and quilted.

Don't you just love the colors of the fabric they send you?