Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Is there a "listing" somewhere for Singer sewing machines . . .

Power Poster
    Is there a listing somewhere that is easy to find, read, and understand that lists all the models of Singer sewing machines and gives "general" evaluations of them?

At one time, Singer machines seemed to be "some of the best" - and then they got a bad reputation for a while and the quality seemed to go down drastically.

So I was wondering if there was a chart somewhere that had a listing something like this:

Singer 404 - Made from when to when - straight stitch - generally runs well

Singer xyz - made from when to when - uses cams - lots of problems with it

etc. etc.

Blog Entries
    wow, that's not something i've seen on this board before. maybe someone else has some ideas.

Power Poster
    I know that there are many people that are on this board that are knowledgeable about many of the machines -

I also know that every machine has to be evaluated on its own for condition, etc - I think I'm asking for the general reputation of the different model numbers.

For example, it seems that the 301, 401, and 404 machines have excellent reputations, as do many of the featherweights.

Blog Entries
    singersewingco.com has product reviews but I don't know how far back they go. The site isn't as user friendly as it used to be.