Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Is there another way?  Giant Dahlia Quilt >

Is there another way? Giant Dahlia Quilt

Is there another way? Giant Dahlia Quilt

Old 11-19-2014, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by CAS49OR View Post
I did make the quilt in my avatar and it is paper pieced. I have not found a paper pieced dahlia. The book I mentioned I bought does have cardboard templates which I could make sturdier by adding some kind of plastic.

It makes more sense with Barb's explanation of sewing all the pieces to make a spoke, then sew those together.

Feline Fanatic those Bella quilts are pretty, more modern looking than this Dahlia. Here's a link to a gallery of them http://www.bellabellaquilts.com/student.html

Madame Kelly I would love to see the McCall's one. Did you find the pattern number? I think it is the same as the one Martha mentioned http://vintagepatterns.wikia.com/wiki/McCall%27s_8473_A

Thanks everyone. I'm going to a quilt expo in Portland on Friday and I want to bring a pattern this time in case I find fabric I HAVE TO have.
That is the same pattern, just a newer version than mine with a higher copy number. Mine from 1982 and cost $2.75 new! Lol! The pattern number on mine is 610. I guess back then patterns had three numbers for the pattern number instead of the four they now use.
Old 11-20-2014, 05:33 AM

Is that mcCalls pattern still available? Where?