Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Is there a way to refresh the numbers/lines on ruler >

Is there a way to refresh the numbers/lines on ruler

Is there a way to refresh the numbers/lines on ruler

Old 09-25-2010, 04:02 PM

I love my omnigrid 9" ruler. Love it so well, I have worn off the lines and numbers. Has anyone tried to refinish them so they will be legible again?
Old 09-25-2010, 04:15 PM

I don't think it could be done so it was perfectly accurate still. At least I know I couldn't manage. If you try I would use a super fine line sharpie maybe.
Old 09-25-2010, 04:21 PM

Go shopping! If you've worn off the numbers and lines, it's time for you to have a new ruler. Chances are, there are some nicks in the sides too. If you haven't tried the frosted rulers yet, they are wonderful!! Trying to use a marker to re-mark the lines will give you lines that just aren't perfect.
Old 09-25-2010, 04:30 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Originally Posted by Shelley
Go shopping! If you've worn off the numbers and lines, it's time for you to have a new ruler. Chances are, there are some nicks in the sides too. If you haven't tried the frosted rulers yet, they are wonderful!! Trying to use a marker to re-mark the lines will give you lines that just aren't perfect.
i second this- using a NOT PERFECTLY LINED ruler will make you go mad in the end when nothing matches up right.. You deserve a new one if the old one is wearing out..
Old 09-25-2010, 04:36 PM

So true! I am actually waiting for my rulers to wear out so I can get the frosted ones. :mrgreen:
Old 09-25-2010, 06:06 PM

Now that you mention it, I keep turning mine around because I can't read one end of it. lol Guess I better look at frosted rulers. Who makes them?
Old 09-25-2010, 06:21 PM
Power Poster

I know just what you mean. I have my original ruler and I love it. Have got two new ones and still reach for old reliable.
Old 09-25-2010, 06:32 PM
Power Poster

You could end up with lines being off just enough to mess with you :(
You know, the difference between a 1/4" and a scant 1/4" isn't much... so it would be hard to be exact enough if you remarked them yourself.
Old 09-25-2010, 07:15 PM

I recently purchased a 6" frosted ruler just to try. I would love to trade in all my others for matching ones in frosted. I am so impressed with them. Go for it!
Old 09-25-2010, 07:42 PM
Power Poster

I would check the edges, too. I know I nick mine often; the corners get worn as well--then the corners of your fabric is not quite square. I make lots of minis and love the Creative Grid rulers. The lines are fine enough to promote accuracy when cutting those 3/4 to 1 1/2 inch pieces, yet large enough to see.