Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
There's always one more mistake to make.. >

There's always one more mistake to make..

There's always one more mistake to make..

Old 09-30-2014, 06:57 AM

Default There's always one more mistake to make..

While on a short trip to Amish/Mennonite country last week I stopped at a fabric store and bought 1/2 yd of 3 coordinating batiks. I cleverly did not note the fabric line -- or the name of the store -- and now need to find more complimentary batiks. In "person" they are somewhere between blue and grey. Any body recognize them?
Attached Thumbnails imgp1680-medium-.jpg   imgp1681-medium-.jpg   imgp1683-medium-.jpg  
Old 09-30-2014, 07:00 AM
Power Poster

you might try the chamber of commerce for the area you visited to get a list of shops in the area and contact the shop.
Old 09-30-2014, 07:04 AM
Power Poster

Did you by any chance take a photo near the shop or in front of it? You could google the quilt shops in that town. Often they have photos of the shop. What about your receipt? Still have it. If so it would have the phone number or a email address you could attach these photos.
Old 09-30-2014, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
Did you by any chance take a photo near the shop or in front of it? You could google the quilt shops in that town. Often they have photos of the shop. What about your receipt? Still have it. If so it would have the phone number or a email address you could attach these photos.
That would have indicated intelligence... I think I have located the store and will try to contact them. Thank you all for your ideas!
Old 09-30-2014, 07:36 AM

The middle one looks like one I have from Wilmington called chopsticks, but it is not a batik so if yours is, probably not the same one. Hope you find them!
Old 09-30-2014, 08:46 AM
Power Poster

I had bought some fat quarters on Ebay but when I looked for similar Hoffman, I could not find any. Happen to walk into a quilt store that had the line so I bought some more of the fat quarters. You might see if something similar on Quiltshops.com
Old 09-30-2014, 08:47 AM
Power Poster

No help, but such pretty batiks!
Old 09-30-2014, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Jeanne S View Post
The middle one looks like one I have from Wilmington called chopsticks, but it is not a batik so if yours is, probably not the same one. Hope you find them!
They are definitely batiks, or I might have gotten some clue from the selvage. I loved the subdued color in the store, but now I wonder how to use it. I need to add something darker and something lighter, I think, but when I put them with my rather large collection of other batik colors nothing seemed to say 'welcome'. I strongly suspect that a gorgeous Amish Star (Folded Star) I had seen earlier in the day is what triggered this whole purchase. Little did I know how difficult one of those stars would be to make! Ah well, that's another forum topic entirely.

I sent a message to the store I think this came from (gleaned from going over my credit card transactions), and hopefully they will contact me.
Old 09-30-2014, 11:18 AM

They are lovely, can't wait to see what you make!
Old 09-30-2014, 12:57 PM

If you have the receipt, are there sku numbers on it? Does the store have a website that you might beable to look up the sku numbers?