Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
They're Heeeeerrrre!!!!!!! >

They're Heeeeerrrre!!!!!!!

They're Heeeeerrrre!!!!!!!

Old 10-17-2010, 12:23 PM

I just now got a call from Harbor Freight! They have a whole slew of rotary blades at the store in West St. Paul for all of you locals here in St. Paul, West St. Paul and surrounding area who need them. They are the 45mms. Happy rotary-ing!!!!!!! Edie
Old 10-17-2010, 12:32 PM
Power Poster

LOL Harbor Freight better start quadrupling their blade orders :D:D:D
Old 10-17-2010, 05:46 PM

I already received my online order several weeks ago and also found 16 pkgs. while on vacation up north a couple of weeks go. I have enough for the rest of my life,lol!! My question is has anyone tried using them? The first one I put in my cutter isn't even. I don't see a knick in it, but it doesn't slide smooth while cutting the fabric and the other one in the pkg. did the same thing. I haven't opened up any more of them, but I'm thinking they may not have been such a good deal after all. I gave 15 pkgs. to my DM & a friend of hers before I even tried any out and I don't know if theirs is a problem either.
Old 10-18-2010, 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by dkabasketlady
I already received my online order several weeks ago and also found 16 pkgs. while on vacation up north a couple of weeks go. I have enough for the rest of my life,lol!! My question is has anyone tried using them? The first one I put in my cutter isn't even. I don't see a knick in it, but it doesn't slide smooth while cutting the fabric and the other one in the pkg. did the same thing. I haven't opened up any more of them, but I'm thinking they may not have been such a good deal after all. I gave 15 pkgs. to my DM & a friend of hers before I even tried any out and I don't know if theirs is a problem either.
I have used mine and cut out a whole quilt and did not have any problem at all. I am getting sixteen packages. That, too, should last me the rest of my life!!!!

Edie
Old 10-18-2010, 04:18 AM

I checked a HF store in Indianapolis on Friday and they were still out. The clerk checked the computer and he said there was a "D" there when he looked it up. He said that meant it has been discontinued. When I got home I checked their website and it showed "backordered". Hope I can find some somewhere.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by barbsmith
I checked a HF store in Indianapolis on Friday and they were still out. The clerk checked the computer and he said there was a "D" there when he looked it up. He said that meant it has been discontinued. When I got home I checked their website and it showed "backordered". Hope I can find some somewhere.
Check the HF on South Robert Street, West St. Paul, Minn. She told me that they got hundreds in! Hang on here - here! Their phone number is 651-306-0555. You can google Harbor Freight - West St. Paul, Mn and everything comes up. I am heading over to pick my blades up in about 2o minutes. Edie
Old 10-18-2010, 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by dkabasketlady
I have gotten them in the carpet cutter package with the carpet cutter and my blades work wonderfully. I would check out the rest of the packs that you have. it just might have been that package had two defect blades. It happens with any item. sometimes the defects slip by quality control.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:31 AM

Thanks Edie.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:46 AM

I finally received my Harbor Freight order of blades after being on backorder for a long time. I just used one this week to cut out pieces for placemats I'm making for my daughter-in-law. The HF blade I used was SO GREAT! It cut through four layers of fabric like a hot knife through butter! I have never had an expensive blade from quilting sources cut this well. I wonder why this 'much less expensive' blade outperforms the expensive blades we've all been buying? And a good lesson to always check out hardware places!
Old 10-18-2010, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by Edie
I just now got a call from Harbor Freight! They have a whole slew of rotary blades at the store in West St. Paul for all of you locals here in St. Paul, West St. Paul and surrounding area who need them. They are the 45mms. Happy rotary-ing!!!!!!! Edie
Hey! I am back. I got ten packages, plenty there! Yay! I am set for a while! Edie