Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Thimble-It -- my new favorite notion

Blog Entries
    I use them for hand piecing and will use them for the hand quilting.

They also make leather ones. They are not slippery, and soft so they fit the finger better, (no stiff edge sticking up to catch your thread. They are smaller, and quite a bit more expensive. I have used both and really like the leather ones.
    Alicia

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by greensleeves
    I got mine 15 or so years ago when I was doing some hand quilting. Used them to protect my "under" finger. Put them away and just pulled them out to share with my quilt group since we are doing some sashiko quilting. Didn't even know if they were still available. Where did you get yours--I'll pass it on to my group.
    I found them in a small shop in Hayward, WI, which is probably not helpful news for you!

I found them in a small shop in Hayward, WI, which is probably not helpful news for you![/quote]

Actually I have a granddaughter in Cudahy, WI--is that near. I saw someone else posted that Connecting threads has them so will check there. Thanks for the info though. :)

Have them but not used them as of yet.

Blog Entries
    Unmedicated corn pads work great. I bought a solid pad about 3" x 5" for $1.59. I just nip off a piece when I need it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kathdavis
    Unmedicated corn pads work great. I bought a solid pad about 3" x 5" for $1.59. I just nip off a piece when I need it.
    Too funny! Really?

I found 'finger cots' at the drugstore, but they did not help me. Too thin, and they cut off the circulation to my finger. I'll just keep them for boo boos.

Blog Entries
    Sounds like something I should try!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by greensleeves
    I found them in a small shop in Hayward, WI, which is probably not helpful news for you!
    Actually I have a granddaughter in Cudahy, WI--is that near. I saw someone else posted that Connecting threads has them so will check there. Thanks for the info though. :)[/quote]

Greensleeves: The store was Northwest Craft etc. The old Ben Franklin store. It is on the main shopping street of Hayward, across the street from Anglers restaurant, if you decide to send your granddaughter over!

Blog Entries
    I've been using them for years. I bought every package when Hancock's Fabric went out of business here. The manager said no one was buying them so gave them to me for .25 a package. I have 27 unopened packages. I didn't know they cost that much now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast