Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Thimblelady? >

Thimblelady?

Thimblelady?

Old 01-13-2011, 09:08 PM

Anyone know anything about this quilter or her products? Here is what I would be interested in?

http://www.thimblelady.com.au/catego...ting-Packages/
Old 01-13-2011, 09:26 PM

Wow-I just read thru it-and it sounds really interesting-although, a bit expensive! I can't afford it right now, but would really be interested to learn what other's who have tried it say. I have hand-quilted since I first learned and the description of the calouses and the pain are certainly true!!
Old 01-13-2011, 10:41 PM
Kas

I have two of her sterling thimbles...the original style and the cone style. I also have her hoop. I took her class at a lqs and liked the method better than the way I was first taught. But I don't hand quilt much at all. Haven't tried her other products, but the thimbles are both very nice.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:28 PM

In 2004 I had the opportunity to see her hand quilting at the Quilt EXPO in Den Haag/Netherlands and it was very, very interesting. She keeps her quilt extremely loose in the frame and quilts with long needles like appliqué needles! Her stitches are incredibly small and even on top and backing.
Her method seems to be very relaxing and easy and I think it's worth to give it a try. But I must be honest: because my own technique works great for me I don't want to change it anymore.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:13 AM

ive had the pleasure of watching and talking to this lady she is a very giving of her different tecniques i have adapted her loose +long needle way of quiltingit feels right for me---her quilts are exquisite her applique is magnificent the way she does leaf points makes a huge difference one tip she uses very small pins about 2 cms long and she pins the piece from undernesth so your thread does not get tangled in the pin ends as you sew--she has a book+dvd for applique well worth it--she is also a very nice lady----she has plastic thimbles you could try before buying the silver--i cannot wear a thimble feels wrong
Old 01-14-2011, 04:56 AM

Never heard of her but have seen some great things for quilting come from Australia... A bit on the spendie side for me.
Let us know if you get it.
Thanks for the link.
ConnieF
Old 01-14-2011, 07:33 AM

Her big dimple thimble is to die for. It really really works. I could never get more than 6-7 stitches per inch, now I get 12-14. Its wonderful! I still can't say I really enjoy hand quilting though. I can't sit still doing one thing for that long.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by hobo2000
Her big dimple thimble is to die for. It really really works. I could never get more than 6-7 stitches per inch, now I get 12-14. Its wonderful! I still can't say I really enjoy hand quilting though. I can't sit still doing one thing for that long.
Is that her cone thimble or the older model?

I'm not the most patient person in the world, so I really enjoy listening to books while I hand quilt. It makes the time pass so quickly.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:19 AM

I use her needles exclusively after trying every other brand on the market. I think she is absolutely amazing!
Old 01-14-2011, 08:41 AM

I don't do a lot of hand quilting but do enjoy it when I do it. I use her thimbles and needles and LOVE them. I don't use a hoop though so don't follow her technique to the "T". I have her book and DVD on hand quilting as well and they are worth the cost and time to watch and read.

Diannia