Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Thimbles

Hello,
    Apparently I have been collecting thimbles for quite a few years and didnt realize it until I decided to clean out my sewing basket. Wow what an eye opener. Well I thought I would go to Michaels and buy a thimble wall display. They dont have anything like that.
    I am open to suggestions please.....
    Thank you,
    Tucsonquilter

Banned
    you can get wall plaques for displaying miniatures at most craft store. OR you can go to an antique store and get a tray that older printing plants used to store type.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I have a thread holder that I keep my thimbles on. They just sit on the dowels. Just a thought. And you can buy a small one or a larger one and add more to it. I have mine hung on the wall. Works better and cheaper than a curio cabinet.

I have very few thimbles I use but I have quite a few I display, my thimbles tucked in a printers drawer my sister gave me for my birthday that has walll hangers on the back, I also have small perfume bottles and small keepsakes from my daughters, I made two mini quilts for the large sections in the middle. look at an antique store, I don't think it cost her that much.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Joanns has bobbin holders. Would those work?

Blog Entries
    I use the antique printers boxes for my thimbles

a shadow box from a thrift store, or yard sale would maybe work...as the picture above shows, there are perfect ones out there, just need to look around a bit and use your imagination :)

Blog Entries
    http://www.sfdisplay.com/thimblecase...FRhaiAodoGWOdg

I have a nice thimble collection too and store them in such cases. Now that my slots are full (and a few are sitting on a shelf), I decided to get one with a glass front to keep the dust out.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I am going to keep my eyes open at the antique and thrift stores and also put one of those display cabinets on my christmas list.

Blog Entries
    Where I live, everything gets covered in dust (yes, I do dust my house) so to minimize things I need to dust, I keep all my extra thimbles in a smll pretty glass jar in my sewing room, kind of like a jar full of buttons. Just thought I would toss that in as an idea. Takes up less space and is pretty sitting there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast