Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Thinking about getting a Bernina - Should I?

I was looking at one at Hancock Fabrics. Does anyone have this model or something similar and what do you think of it?

Bernette H70 For Bernina

http://www.hancockfabrics.com/viewpr...tegoryId=81296

Did you do a search here? I don't know. I've not heard great things about Bernettes. I don't consider them true Berninas.

don't just go by name. Look at what you are getting and what you will use for the money spent. It's hard. I know.

Quote Originally Posted by MistyMarie
    I was looking at one at Hancock Fabrics. Does anyone have this model or something similar and what do you think of it?

Bernette H70 For Bernina

http://www.hancockfabrics.com/viewpr...tegoryId=81296
    A true, basic Bernina will not cost much more, and you will get the 'bang for your buck', in CS and support. I do not think you will be unhappy with your local dealer. Just purchase when they have a sale or a special. Bernina's really are great machines, even today.

If you have the money, I say YES. I have three and I love them all.

Misty....if you're in the market for a new machine why haven't you gone to Meissner's? Just curious? And a google found me this

http://thoughtsfrommsq.blogspot.com/...nette-h70.html

And this http://sewing.patternreview.com/Sewi...ns/topic/36021

Not sure who Meissner's is. I am wanting to purchase a NEW sewing machine... not a used one. I have two Janome's: a 6500 and a 1600 and a Montgomery Wards that I've had for years. I gave away a Singer that my dh bought me because I didn't think I would need it. I am wishing I hadn't done that because I need a light weight one to take to classes and sew-ins. I want some bells and whistles, though. I want a thread cutter, a needle threader, and a needle down. I also want to be able to do free-motion and I want to be able to do shirt cuffs. I figure I can spend around $300 to $350 for this. I will keep looking. I just saw this one on sale and was curious if it was a good machine.

I've read the Bernettes are not made by Bernina. Something you may want to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by MistyMarie
    Not sure who Meissner's is. I am wanting to purchase a NEW sewing machine... not a used one. I have two Janome's: a 6500 and a 1600 and a Montgomery Wards that I've had for years. I gave away a Singer that my dh bought me because I didn't think I would need it. I am wishing I hadn't done that because I need a light weight one to take to classes and sew-ins. I want some bells and whistles, though. I want a thread cutter, a needle threader, and a needle down. I also want to be able to do free-motion and I want to be able to do shirt cuffs. I figure I can spend around $300 to $350 for this. I will keep looking. I just saw this one on sale and was curious if it was a good machine.
    Oops sorry Misty! I got you confused with someone else on the board that has a name close to yours. I thought you lived near me.

:oops:

Blog Entries
    Hancock's is not a Bernina dealer so it's not a Bernina. I would check out the high end Kenmores. I used a new one last week and it was fantastic.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast