Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Thinking of Christmas already!!!

It will be here before we know it and I have been collecting Christmas material since last year. Would appreciate your ideas for what will be my first Christmas quilt. I am new to quilting so would like something not too difficult but not just sewing squares together. I have all kinds of santa and snowman stash so any ideas would be appreciated.

If you search patterns, I'm sure you will find just the right one you are looking for. Pretty much any pattern can become a Christmas Quilt.
    Also, Google Christmas Quilts and see what those look like. You just might find what you are looking for.

Every time I take a class I use some kind of holiday fabrics. The last class I took I used red, white and blue. Samplers or block of the months are great to use holiday fabrics for. A lot of teachers now are teaching table runners so everybody ends up with a finished project instead of a few blocks done out of a big quilt.

I like Log Cabin Christmas quilts.....

Stuffed Applique Snowflakes. I'm looking forward to the time when I can do one of those but it's far far in the future lol.

Then I bought some of that snowflake material that is on a net that I'll like to take over a Winter Scene Panel so that it looks like it's snowing. That will make a great holiday wallhanging.

And I have some of the poinsettia fabric on a black background that I'd like to make throw pillows with to add to the holiday spirit.

My christmas tree is a 3 foot one so I hope to make tablecoths for my reference table when I put it. That and the grey satin tree skirt will finish off the foundation for the tree.

Now see there, you went and got me all excited.

If you're looking for a pattern to use a collection of many prints, I can tell you one I loved. "I Can't Believe It's A Beginner" by Margot Lanquedoc for The Pattern Basket.

I can see using true Christmas prints/novelties with great results...reds, blues, greens, golds...Santas, toys, candies, gifts, etc.

Here's the one I did if you'd like to see it...Hope you'll enjoy it too.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-35654-1.htm

This is beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing and giving me some great ideas.

large quilt-as-you-go hexagons??

fussy-cut triangle, tumblers, apple cores.....

simple applique shapes...stockings, bells, trees