Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: Thinking Outside the Block Quilt - Need Ideas

The pattern is actually from ToadUSew (they are members of the forum) and while they were very nice about my reverse engineering my quilt, they would really prefer that you purchase the pattern. There is a thread about this from last year I think.

Beautful quilts!!
    Gail in Utah

I finished quilting it yesterday. Used Leah Day's Spiral Knots FMQ. I need to bind it and put a label on it, then I will post pics. Look for a new thread when I get it finished, hopefully, sometime next week.

where did you get that pattern? I finally found it on quiltmakers.com I think and they're out of stock

where can I get this pattern? I tried to buy it at quilters warehouse and they're out of stock

I like to accent the piecing so I would stitch in the ditch Sometime all over quilting can be distracting since the thread you use will be prominent on some fabric in the quilt. Just my opinion. I have always preferred the look of what hand quilters do when they quilt their quilts.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

The pattern is really just a quarter log cabin block. I figured out what size logs I needed to get the size quilt that I wanted. Decide what size quilt that you want, and figure out what size logs you need. Then add borders to get it to that size. I would look at my notes, but DH is redoing my quilt room (drywall, slatwall, insulation, flooring) and I'm not sure I could find it.
    "Proud Parent of an American Airman"

Quote Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
    I like to accent the piecing so I would stitch in the ditch Sometime all over quilting can be distracting since the thread you use will be prominent on some fabric in the quilt. Just my opinion. I have always preferred the look of what hand quilters do when they quilt their quilts.

Although the original post is quite old, the question is always the same.......I like to enhance the piecing as mentioned by maniac2 most of the time, but pantos do a good job of overall design rather than just meandering........gives an added interest.....or just quietly keeps the sandwich together so one can see the pattern of the blocks......

I made a baby quilt in a similar fashion as it wasn't called "thinking outside the block" but here's how I quilted it.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Suz in Iowa
    Designer 1, Babylock Ellegante
    Babylock Evolve, Elna 945
    Innova 26" LS, MQR
    ProQ Designer, EQ7, Embird

Blog Entries
    Oh my, so cute, and lovin the mice on the back...........

Oops I should of read more, I was seeing the quilt by Snooze.........
    Last edited by calla; 07-01-2015 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Didn't read enough

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5