Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Thinking...

Question Thinking...

Hi!

Right now I have cloth, but no idea of what to make. My finges are itching to sew. Just noy sure What to make. Yes, I'm new at quilting, but wish I knew more about it. No one is teaching me to quilt. It's more of a trial and error thing.... If you any ideas of something easy to make, please the pattern with me.

Thank You!!!

Susan

Why not start with a nine patch. If you want to make it look a little more difficult, change it to a dissapearing nine patch.

Blog Entries
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOWSp0mTTqE

This is a good one to start with. The cutting, sewing, arranging etc. all go very fast. You may become 'addicted' to watching Jenny and the MSQC music of each tutorial they offer, but it is the simplicity of each tutorial that may get you 'hooked'.

The Crazy nine patch was fun.

I am addicted to watching Jenny at MSQC! I just finished a class from Craftsy titled Quilting Quickly. It's about using precut fabrics and Jenny teaches it. Just check out Missouri Star Quilting Co and you'll find tons of tutorials on there.

I've always liked the disappearing four patch. Clean and simple, but so many possibilities. I like it more than the nine patch, personally. For an extra level of difficulty, if you're feeling brave, you could try doing the same technique with large half-square triangle blocks in a pinwheel shape. Sew the blocks together the same as you would the disappearing four patch, cut it the same, flip it the same, and stitch it back together. It makes a very intricate pattern with hardly any effort (besides the effort it takes to keep the pieces in the right place).
    - Kim

kimkolbquilts.etsy.com

Quote Originally Posted by EllieGirl View Post
    I am addicted to watching Jenny at MSQC! I just finished a class from Craftsy titled Quilting Quickly. It's about using precut fabrics and Jenny teaches it. Just check out Missouri Star Quilting Co and you'll find tons of tutorials on there.
    http://quiltingtutorials.com/ Scroll down to the end pages for more of the beginner/intro videos.

This absolutely the best place to begin. She has so many videos for every aspect of quilting. Scroll thru and watch and than pick out a favorite pattern and get to sewing!!

Another go-to place for info is about.com quilting.

http://quilting.about.com/
    Last edited by dakotamaid; 02-19-2013 at 12:25 PM.
    Have a great day sewing and remember to "not sweat the small stuff"!!

I agree Missouri star quilt on you tube should give you lots of great ideas!

Thanks to everyone. I'll just go and watch a lot of Jenny's videos! I'm sure I'll get an idea or 2 or 3 !!!

Susan

Start with a table topper or doll quilt.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast